Sunday 27 November 2011

Depression can be helped with Hypnotherapy

I have worked with many clients who are just prescribed drugs and a limited number of counselling or CBT sessions. I am not knocking it - these can be useful in cases of Depression. My question is really what do any ofthese things do long term and from a large number of my clients I have come to the conclusion that many of them will have to choose between hypnotherapy / therapy or medication. Medication works in that it takes the edge off - but it takes the edge off everything!

My approach is to try to find the drivers of a person's depression and enable positive strategies to DEAL with it. We all have a "Map of the World" which is based around our perception and the perspective learned from experiences. Many people suffer because their "Map of the World" is deficient and they are suffering needlessly when they could with a shift in mindset begin to find a greater happiness in Life. In my view this is a better long term strategy beacuse it could be easy to settle into this depressed mindset - but for my clients they come to see me because they WANT to move on. One client had had a Mother, Sister and Grandmother and Grandfather ALL with Depression. She has now found a way forward.

I don't claim to be a miracle worker - it takes courage to do this - but it is possible to see the light at the end of the tunnel without it always being a train coming in the oppsoie direction!

Graham Howes ASHPH GQHP GHR registered GHSC regulated CNHC approved
Edge of the World Hypnotherapy and NLP in Ipswich Suffolk Manningtree Clacton and Colchester Essex and Hadleigh Suffolk

http://edgehypno.com for more

No comments:

Post a Comment